Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Round and round the garden

I entered Mapperton Gardens as a visitor this week, accompanied by my little helper.

I was armed with my camera. But she saw things through different eyes with a pair of binoculars.

These are some of the things we found:

The north wing.

The orangery.

An ancient urn.

Sunny steps.

Snake's head fritillary.

Hellebores under the pergola.

Stern-looking fish.

A blossom-strewn path.

Textures and colours.

And, finally, thank goodness for binoculars used the wrong way round. My little helper would never have spotted it otherwise.


I'll keep you posted.

Love Maddie x

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thanks to your off-the-cuff photos (the hellebores really do it for me) and wonderful descriptions I think a visit to Mapperton is on the cards any day. Despite only living 10 minutes away and knowing several people who live on / around the estate, I've never actually walked round the gardens. Shame on me. See you soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have all that in your neighborhood? Lucky duck!
    One more place for my 'when I get over there' list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Pondside...my Sis and I will have to visit this place for sure! Thank you Maddie for sharing this with us! Have a great day...Maura

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you.